Triton Solar has been serving Colorado in the roofing arena for over 8 years. Now we are pleased to offer our commercial client’s the quality, knowledge, and fair pricing that they desire when looking for a new commercial solar system. Triton is double certified and insured in both roofing and solar for your peace of mind and protection. You need a reliable contractor on the job who recognizes the scope of the project at hand and can adapt to changing situations.
There are many options for renewable energy, but the most usable and accessible of those options is solar. You may already have some knowledge on the subject of commercial solar if you are reading this page but we are in the business of education as much as we are in the business of roofing. If you are operating any kind of commercial space then you are familiar with the huge amount of money that goes into keeping the lights on and running the numerous electrical appliances that keep the business running smoothly. Bearing that in mind, being smart with your energy strategy is one of the biggest components in cutting costs and building profit. Beyond just fiscal savings, you are also contributing to saving the planet’s natural resources by reducing emissions and lessening dependence on natural gas or coal fired power plants. Colorado is one of the sunniest states in the US with an astounding average of 300 days of sunlight per year, making it one of the best places to utilize solar panels.
The biggest benefit by far to installing a solar system is the 30% Federal Tax Credit that can be applied for the lifespan of the system. For full details on the tax credit and it’s conditions, be sure to discuss with your accountant and check out the main IRS website. There are also what’s called Renewable Energy Credits (REC) that can be a source of cash flow depending on your excess production.
Once you have committed to doing a full or partial transition to solar it can seem daunting, but the process does not have to be painful. With plenty of planning and a solid contractor your solar transition will take less time then you may think. Check out the steps of a successful solar installation below:
1) Find a reputable company with a solid track record of quality and on time installs.
2) The chosen company will send out a rep to discuss the project in detail. Some of these details include energy usage, energy needs and possible complications.
3) An audit team figures out the best placement for panels and how to connect your solar system to the power grid.
4) Schematics and profesional plans are drawn up to illustrate the process.
5) A project manager comes on board to manage the team.
6) Letters and requests go out to any government offices or entities that are required to attain permits and building permissions.
7) The plan is adjusted accordingly and approved. The construction phase begins!